Jacques Vallee's professional activities are reflected in public education and media appearances:
- "Learning from Outer Space." Global Competitiveness Forum, Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) 27 Jan 2011.
- Chairman, Panel on "General Investment Issues" at the Space Investors Summit, New York City, 17 Apr 2007.
- "Early-stage investing in the era of uncertainty: The strategic importance of angel groups and mentoring networks." (co-author with Graham Burnette and Ian Sobieski) University of San Francisco - Global Entrepreneurship Research conference, March 2006.
- International Conference on Territorial Development, Paris, 28 Jan 2002 "Clusters: The Importance of Innovation."
- "Financial Alchemy" Bloomberg Television, 15 March 2001.
- Keynote Speaker, International Conference on Technology Parks, Istanbul (Turkey). Congress of the International Association of Science Parks. 2 September 1999.
- Chairman, "Challenge of Europe" Financial Panel, Scottsdale, Arizona 4 May 1998.
- "The State of Venture Investing in France" Interview in Capital Finance, 5 January 1998.
- "Trends in Venture Capital" International Venture Capital Summit, Sophia Antipolis (Nice, France), Dec. 1997.
- "Capital Risque et Stratégie de Développement: Du plan d'entreprise à la sortie financière" European Technology Forum. Lille (France) 26 March 1997.
- "Software Technology in Europe: Obstacles and Opportunities" European Information Technology Conference, Brussels, 28 November 1996.
- "Vers une Europe de l'Innovation" in Management et Conjoncture Sociale. Paris, 19 Feb 1996 no.478, pp.10-22.
- "The Role and Limitations of High Technology in Emergency Management: Some Insights from Silicon Valley" Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, San Francisco, February 1994.
- "Information Technology and the Future" Plenary Session Address, American Society for Information Science, 50th Anniversary Conference, Boston, 8 October 1987.